Saturday, December 30, 2017

'Oumuamua


Several weeks ago a very unusual object was discovered. First thought to be a comet from the outer reaches of the solar system, it was found to not really be either one: it didn't show any cometary activity (and was thus an asteroid), and its orbit was clearly hyperbolic (and this it wasn't from our solar system but from a different solar system).  This spurred a whole lot of interest and excitement from the small bodies community, and a whole lot of people writing up papers about their results and ideas.

I didn't want to be left out of the fun. I had an idea that I thought might make an interesting paper, but I found the idea had already been tackled by some smart folks.  So I thought maybe I'd write a song instead.

With that, here's the song about the object, which has been named 'Oumuamua:
'Oumuamua (solo demo)

No comments: