Friday, September 11, 2009

Sweet Hudson

I've been going back and forth on this, but finally decided to just post it. This song, Sweet Hudson, has been in the works for a while. I started writing parts when a friend of mine died in a car crash in 1995, wrote most of it after the events of September 11th, and rewrote some words after my father's death. I tried recording it between the last two of those events, but was pretty unhappy with the results so didn't touch it for a while.

Last night, given the date, I thought I'd try again. It's still not right, and I'm obviously fumbling with the melody. And as has been the theme lately, the arrangement is more sparse than it really should be. But in the spirit of doing something to mark the day in imperfect but hopefully not-too-maudlin fashion, here it is:

Sweet Hudson

No comments: